Thursday, July 18, 2013

Should we believe everything a doctor tells us?

I happened to catch an interview on 702 some time ago, when they were talking about Alzheimer's, and a doctor was being interviewed about it. The interviewer asked if diet played a role in whether or not someone gets Alzheimer's. I was about to walk out of the room but I held back to hear the answer and I was shocked to hear the doctor responding with a no! Unequivocally, no, he says it makes no difference...

Really?! When people are finally, slooooowly, waking up to the fact that, what they eat, determines what they are, this doctor arrogantly, simply shuts that down with a no. As far as I'm aware, doctors don't study food and the power of food. They focus on the body and how to fix it via medication and surgery but, unless they take an interest in alternative healing, they don't focus on food as a medication. There are, however, plenty scientists who DO take an interest in the healing power of food, and, as it turns out, research has proven that diet DOES affect your chances of getting Alzheimer's.

I honestly think it's crazy to simply turn around and say, "No. Diet doesn't affect your health," without having the knowledge to back it up. Doctors have their areas of expertise, and alternative healers have theirs. When I go and see my homeopath, she knows at which point to say, "I think we may need to involve a doctor." She knows when she's out of her comfort zone. Why are some doctors so arrogant as to think that they have all the answers when they clearly don't? I have yet to find a doctor who DIDN'T want to write me a script for antibiotics and a whole range of other medications, no matter how much I protest that I don't take medication. That is ALL they know and that's fine. But it's not good enough when they refuse to admit it and simply give bad advice instead.

This blog post is a complete rant as you have probably noticed;) I was in two minds about the topic for today and then this sealed the deal. I just get so frustrated with this kind of situation because it is SO hard to convince people that what they are eating is poisoning their bodies. It takes a long time to really, fully grasp all of this stuff, and then you get ONE doctor who sets us all back several months, or years, with one arrogant comment. It sets us back because doctors are given an almost godlike status. People believe that they can fix everything and that they have the answers to everything and the doctors end up buying into it themselves. So, when a doctor says something, people listen. I can guarantee there are quite a few people out there now who heard that interview and are thinking, "Oh well, guess I'll just keep taking pills then!"

It frustrates me. We are brought up to think that doctors have all the answers and it's hard to get out of that mindset. I was no different when I was a child. But I guess I have too much of a questioning mind. Some would call me cynical and skeptical. I definitely am! I take most things with a pinch of salt. So, when people say, "This is how it is," I say, "Ok," and then I go and do the research for myself and, if it makes sense to me, then I will agree with them;) If it doesn't make sense to me, then I simply smile and move on.

I hope more and more people start to do that, because I really think that there is an awful lot of sheep-like behaviour in the world and it's not a good thing. It's actually extremely harmful, especially when it comes to diet and beauty products etc etc. The so-called "experts" are slowly but surely making people sicker and sicker, while they try to convince us that there is nothing all wrong with a few little chemicals in our water and our food and our body creams and soaps. Something is inherently wrong when people think that is normal and I find it scary that we have put all of our faith into medicine and science, and forgotten the simple, important things in life.

That's it, rant over. If you have only JUST stumbled onto this blog and have no clue what I'm talking about, please feel free to start at the beginning and work your way through. It's really made me question, and I hope it does the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment