Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Are you interested in buying Mellow Health's Beauty Products?

If you've read this post of mine, you will know just how bad most beauty products are for you. If you haven't read it, I urge you to. Most beauty products contain chemicals that are exceptionally bad for you, and yet we apply them religiously to our bodies because we have been promised younger looking skin, softer skin, smoother skin etc. It's ironic that these products actually dry out, and wrinkle your skin more, in the long run, because of all the free radicals they are putting into your body and because they contain such harsh chemicals which usually require protective clothing to work with! I believe they are a large part of the reason cancer is so prevalent in our lives.

That is why I started making my own products. It was just safer for us. It was some serious trial and error on my part. Poor GLM had to live with grainy creams that left residue on all her clothes and deodorant that smelt strongly of coconut and various other things but I have finally found the right mix and I am really happy with it. So far I am making body butter, lip ice and soaps. My deodorant is still in the testing phase but I hope to roll it out really soon! I will talk soon about just how bad store bought deodorants are for you.

Without intending to, I have started a little sideline business of selling my products to those interested in keeping their bodies clean! I was initially making them as gifts for my family and friends, but people loved the product so much that orders started coming in and now I find a large part of my free time is taken up making beauty products in my kitchen;) I really enjoy it though. It's so incredibly satisfying to see a finished product, and to know that I am doing my little bit to make people healthier, and keep the environment cleaner!

So, I thought I'd let you guys know too. Here are the prices:

Mellow Health Body Butter using beeswax (500ml): R70 each
Mellow Health Body Butter using soywax (500ml): R85 each
Mellow Health Soaps: R10 each
Mellow Health Lip Ice: R40 each

These are some lotions and soaps to give you an idea
If you are interested in ordering any of Mellow Health's beauty products, please email mellowhealth@melanielowe.co.za with your orders. Please bear in mind that, if you are in another province or country, I will need to add courier fees to the cost but, if you place an order of over R300, there will be no courier charge!

I can do several different scent options so please be sure to specify your preference. If you have any skin conditions you need help with, please also let me know, as well as if you have any allergies. You shouldn't have any issues except perhaps with beeswax. All the products contain completely natural ingredients. These being:

  • Beeswax (or soy wax if you are allergic to beeswax or if you are vegan)
  • Coconut oil
  • Olive oil
  • Avocado oil
  • Sweet Almond oil
  • Shea butter
  • Cocoa butter
  • Herbs (depending on the scent you want and also any possible skin conditions you may need help with. For example, if you suffer from eczema I will use Calendula and lavender herbs)
  • Essential oils (also depends on the scent you want and any possible skin conditions that you need help with)


The soaps can also have many different scents and all contain a mix of the above ingredients as well as clay to  harden them. I don't use lye in my soaps as it is quite volatile to work with and I don't have a separate work room yet. I don't want to destroy my kitchen;) The soaps are deliciously soft and luxurious. Your skin will never feel dry again and they are also biodegradable and perfectly safe and good for your baby's skin. The same applies to the body butter.

That's it! I look forward to hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment