Friday, April 4, 2014

Real Food Friday Feast - Gluten-free chocolate brownies

I felt like something sweet and chocolatey today so I decided to experiment with a gluten-free recipe for chocolate brownies! You can add these to the list of treats you can make for your kids over the holidays:) 

I had about half an hour to spare before my client arrived for her training session so I needed something quick and very easy and these certainly are. What better motivation for my client to exercise then the promise of a chocolate brownie in her very near future;) What's even better is that, compared to conventional brownies, it's nice and low in calories!

Gluten-free chocolate brownies

3 eggs
3 Tbs raw honey
150g butter
1 pinch of salt (if your butter isn't salted)
1 slab organic dark chocolate
4 Tbs cocoa powder
3/4 cup chickpea flour

Method

  • Pre-heat the oven to 175°C
  • Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pan. This is best done in a double boiler but, if you don't have one, just place a small pot inside a bigger pot filled with boiling water.
  • Whisk eggs and honey until they are nice and fluffy
  • Add chocolate/butter mix to eggs and honey and mix well
  • Add salt
  • Sift in the flour and cocoa 
  • Mix thoroughly and pour into a greased square cake tin or casserole dish (the one I used was about 23×23 cm
  • Place in the oven for about 20 minutes. This is going to depend on your oven and also how chewy you like them. Start checking them from about 15 minutes. Mine ended up a little harder than I would have liked but still not too hard and I left them for 20 minutes.
You can see the slightly chewy layer in the middle
The whole thing took me 10 minutes to prepare and only because I was waiting for the water in the big pot to boil! Really quick and easy and oh so yummy! Serve with homemade custard for a VERY happy family:)


No comments:

Post a Comment